Anonymous
Best Viewed w/Minimum Screen Resolution of 1368px or Higher!
You are not Logged-In as a User!

Please Login or Register  

Forum Index Members Search Usergroups
Ranks Staff Statistics Forum FAQ
Board Rules Edit your profile Login, Check Messages Log in

Search for at

CoD 4 Support and Punkbuster
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Forum Index Public Punkbuster Help
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:48 am Reply with quote
Pistazien
I had a problem installing CoD4 - Modern Warfare on my Windows 8.1 computer and it may be the same on Windows 10, so let me tell you what I did to fix the issue.  First try to install normally but if it hangs on installing at "updating components" for more than 15 minutes, stop and try these options.  First, insert disk and when it asks what to to with this disk select do nothing.  Right click and open the list of files on the disk and navigate to the \Setup\rsrc folder. Right click on CoD4.exe (or CoD4 application if you don't have your computer show file extensions) and go to properties and then compatibility tab.  Select Windows Vista as compatibility mode and OK to save and close. Right click and run the file CoD4.exe.  It will hang look like it hangs up for about 10 minutes but then procede to install. If this doesn't work just copy all file to a folder on the desktop and follow the instructions above except with the files on the desktop not the DVD/CD.

The server version is 1.7.568 so you will have to install patches to update the game to that version.  I have 7 patches I used, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4. 1.4 -1.5, 1.6, 1.6 - 1.7.  I don't recall where I downloaded them from years ago, but Google CoD4 patches and look around but be careful.

Then go in and create a profile and set up video options and play the game. Exit and then install the updated Punkbuster files contained herein. Navigate to the game directory, delete the original PB folder and extract the zip file and place the PB folder in it's place.

The Server is named    -{DUI}-Cod4[FS]

If you don't own the game the disks can be purchased used on Amazon for about $7 and up with shipping.  It is available on Steam for $20; however, I assume it will work with all servers it might have to have the patches also.

pb.zip
Description:
Filename: pb.zip
Filesize: 7.28 MB
Downloaded: 533 Time(s)

pb.zip
Description:

pb.zip
Description:

Last edited by Pistazien on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Posts 291
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Pistazien a private message Send Pistazien an email. Find all posts by Pistazien

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:02 pm Reply with quote
old_age
i used the pb file joe posed above to stop getting kicked from the server

below is a link to another forum post that has other info and a link to get the patch downloads.

thanks joe for the pb file

http://www.dui-clan.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=498

good hunting to all, except when hunting me , then best look behind you cause that's where i'll be

Posts 658
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send old_age a private message Send old_age an email. Visit user's website Find all posts by old_age

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:20 pm Reply with quote
RedRock
I played COD4 last night on SandboxSoldiers with a freeze tag mod.  I had to download a pb file and replace my pb folder with it, as my pb files in the folder were dated 2007 (ones that came with the DVD) and the replacement files were dated 2013.  I got those instructions from the SandboxSoldiers site, and it worked just fine.   On Win7Pro, the "pb" folder is on the C drive in the Program Files (x86) folder, Activision subfolder, Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare subfolder.

I had already installed the COD4 stuff no problem (running Win7Pro on my Mac).  I can email the pb folder if the one here doesn't work for whatever reason and anyone wants to try a different folder.

I'll have to try the DUI cod4 FS server.   Didn't know there was one (not that I play much COD4--usually about 1 hour every 7-10 days, almost exclusively on lamronsplayground server [FFA only, no punkbuster, everyone starts out equal with gobs and gobs of loadout options].

Posts 334
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline
View user's profile Send RedRock a private message Send RedRock an email. Find all posts by RedRock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Pistazien
I was testing out the rotation a few minutes ago when a couple of players came in. One was level 55 and the other level 1.  The Level 55 player got kicked quite soon after joining for Punkbuster problem. The level 1 player played for a while and ranked up to level 7 before I left.  

But here is the interesting thing.  He just recently got CoD4 through Steam and I asked him if he set Punkbuster up himself and he had no idea what Punkbuster was!!!  So the Steam version of CoD4 must be automatically set up for Punkbuster properly by Steam.

We might also place the CoD4 PB files on the non-registered part of the website.

Posts 291
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Pistazien a private message Send Pistazien an email. Find all posts by Pistazien

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:22 pm Reply with quote
FS_Sarge
Sounds good Pistazien, did you want to put it in the Public punkbuster section or would you like me to do it?

Posts 13
Joined Oct 16, 2019
Status Offline
View user's profile Send FS_Sarge a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by FS_Sarge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
Pistazien
I think it might be better if you move it, thanks!

Posts 291
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:34 am Reply with quote
FS_Sarge
If you need the cod4 patches please visit http://downloads.fssquaduo.com/cod4/patches/ and download the patches you need if your cod4 is at version 1.0 .  I suggest downloading the COD4_ALL_PATCHES.zip ....extract ALL FILES and run the bat file it will automatically  install the patches in order. (IF YOU HAVE IT INSTALLED IT WILL notify you and go onto the next one)

Posts 13
Joined Oct 16, 2019
Status Offline
View user's profile Send FS_Sarge a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by FS_Sarge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:14 am Reply with quote
The_Punisher
this website has everything, patches and pb

http://www.callofdutyview.net/downloads/

Click --> My Steam Profile

Posts 254
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send The_Punisher a private message Find all posts by The_Punisher

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1