Anonymous
Best Viewed w/Minimum Screen Resolution of 1368px or Higher!
You are not Logged-In as a User!

Please Login or Register  

Forum Index Members Search Usergroups
Ranks Staff Statistics Forum FAQ
Board Rules Edit your profile Login, Check Messages Log in

Search for at

PB Fixes
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Forum Index Public Punkbuster Help
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
FS_Sarge
I'm hoping our members with post in here their pb fixes.

What has worked for me and several other people is a pb folder swap:

If your having issues with pb you can replace your pb folder with the one I have. I tried this with others and it fixed their issue.  CLICK HERE FOR FILE
backup your current pb folder in case there is an issue. (You can do this by simply renaming the pb folder in your call of duty directory ex ...pb2) Extract the above zip file in your call of duty directory. This should fix your issue.

Posts 13
Joined Oct 16, 2019
Status Offline
View user's profile Send FS_Sarge a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by FS_Sarge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Pistazien
One problem plaguing us is that CoD and Punkbuster install differently based on what operating system and whether you are using older or newer install media.  I have 3 different computers running CoD:UO and the files are different on all three.  My method is similar to Sarge's except that I use a Punkbuster install file from Evenbalance to install Punkbuster rather than hoping Call of Duty will do it on it's own properly.

I get the pbsvc.exe file from Evenbalance.com by clicking on the SUPPORT tab at the center top of that page and then clicking on PB SERVICES FAQ on the following page.  In the first paragraph the word "here" is a hyperlink that downloads the file needed. Click on it and run it. The file is attacked to this post.

Once it has completed, PnkBstrB.exe and PnkBstrK.sys need to be copied from a working install or the files Sarge linked to above, to the pb directory within the Call of Duty install (usually under Program Files(x86)\Call of Duty\pb).  Also, wa001362.dll and wc002165.dll need to be copied to the pb/dll directory.  Finally, wa001362.htm and wc002165.htm need to be put in the pb/htm directory.  

I'm not sure I would recommend a folder swap because there maybe other Punkbuster versions in the players original folder that are not in Sarge's that they need on a specific server.

I did a quick install earlier today and here is a video.

CLICK HERE====> PUNKBUSTER INSTALL

If your install doesn't work as it should after you copy the files look in the following locations also:
1. C:\Users\<your>\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\COD\pb
2. C:\Users\<your>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty\pb
3. C:\Users\<your>\AppData\Local\Activision\Call of Duty\pb
or something similar.  Copy the files to the location on your machine.

If you upgrade to Windows 10 and you get kicked for a Punkbuster related issue, run the pbsvc.exe file referred to earlier it should then work fine.

pbsvc.zip
Description: This is the file from Evenbalance.com downloaded and zipped
Filename: pbsvc.zip
Filesize: 801.47 KB
Downloaded: 458 Time(s)

pbsvc.zip

pbsvc.zip

Last edited by Pistazien on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:59 pm; edited 4 times in total

Posts 291
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Pistazien a private message Send Pistazien an email. Find all posts by Pistazien

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:19 pm Reply with quote
old_age
hey all

try all other fixes 1st before using these files:

1: download the attached file  
click on the text ^

2: remove / delete the corrupt file on your system from this location:

my computer / local disc C / program files / call of duty / pb

3: unzip / extract the new downloaded pb file:

4: open the extracted file and copy the entire pb folder and paste it in this location:

my computer / local disc C / program files / call of duty

*when you extract / unzip the download file there will be another file inside DO NOT open the      second pb file inside the extracted file just cut and paste.

5: close everything and restart your game your pb should be good to go after that.

hope this helps

old age

good hunting to all, except when hunting me , then best look behind you cause that's where i'll be

Posts 658
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send old_age a private message Send old_age an email. Visit user's website Find all posts by old_age

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Pistazien
— Pistazien wrote

I get the pbsvc.exe file from Evenbalance.com by clicking on the SUPPORT tab at the center top of that page and then clicking on PB SERVICES FAQ on the following page.  In the first paragraph the word "here" is a hyperlink that downloads the file needed. Click on it and run it. The file is attacked to this post.

Evenbalance has rearranged their website and now the "pbsvc.exe" file is listed on the DOWNLOADS page.

Posts 291
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Pistazien a private message Send Pistazien an email. Find all posts by Pistazien

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:54 am Reply with quote
FS_Sarge
I have a link to the pbsvc.exe file that helps .....at least this fixed Slayer's issue when he kept getting dropped by punkbuster I sent him this file and it fixed his issue. Just run it and it checks your pb install and fixes issues......like handshake and other connection issues. 
http://downloads.fssquaduo.com/coduo/pbsvc.exe
Note this is the same file as Pist's , just an exe instead of zipped and it's to be used as an alt link incase the one in the forums doesn't allow unregistered users to download the file from the server.
Please refer to Pist's post above for details about the file and it's use.

Last edited by FS_Sarge on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Posts 13
Joined Oct 16, 2019
Status Offline
View user's profile Send FS_Sarge a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by FS_Sarge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:45 am Reply with quote
Pistazien
Sarge, I guess we don't need this topic here if no one reads it!

That PB file is in the second post in this topic.

Posts 291
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:44 am Reply with quote
RedRock
Not sure what you mean, Pist.  All 5 of us who come here to the forums have read this.

Posts 334
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline
View user's profile Send RedRock a private message Send RedRock an email. Find all posts by RedRock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
Pistazien
— RedRock wrote
Not sure what you mean, Pist.  All 5 of us who come here to the forums have read this.

Then why does Sarge have to send Slayer the file?

Posts 291
Joined Feb 13, 2014
Status Offline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:31 am Reply with quote
FS_Sarge
I was just posting an alt download location incase the upload on the forums messes up (seen it happen in the past) Slayer and I were on Skype trying to fix his issue that one night. I forgot the name of the file and didn't put two and two together (it was late and I was tired). But I knew I had the file in FS downloads and had him try that file. I didn't realize the name until I seen the name of the zip file in your post and put up an alt link that way if one isn't working hopefully the other one will work (crossing fingers)

Posts 13
Joined Oct 16, 2019
Status Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1